FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports to: Operations Manager
Purpose and Objectives:
Assembly technician is responsible for the preparation and assembly of the finished product including art, mirrors, and posters. Working from product specifications, the Assembly technician uses the frame and mounted prints or mirrors to assemble into a quality finished product.
Essential/Specific Duties and Tasks:
- Operate drills for hardware components
- Operate pneumatic tools including staplers and hog-ringers
- Utilize vertical acrylic/glass cutter to cut to specified dimensions
- Maintain inventories of materials and components
- Inspect and ensure final product meets specifications and is damage free
- Self-manage time to meet required deadlines
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Delivery of finished product
Qualifications (including Education, Physical Demands, Working Conditions, Equipment Used, Other Required Skills):
- Able to follow provided product specifications with accuracy to provide finished goods with high quality workmanship
- Able to operate pneumatic tools used in the assembly process
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple requests simultaneously
- Able to safely lift & move framed mirrors weighing up to 20 Lbs. repeatedly and consistently throughout a shift
- Able to lift or move up to 50lbs on a continuous basis
- Basic computer skills – Able to use web browser and perform occasional minor data entry
- Previous experience in fine craftsmanship, powered industrial equipment a plus
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.