Customer Service & Returns (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM) – Waunakee
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports to: Customer Care Manager
Purpose and Objectives:
We are a company selling on multiple e-commerce marketplaces and to brick-and-mortar retailers! We're looking for a dedicated and driven customer care professional to join our team! This position requires excellent computer skills, exceptional phone, and written communication skills, and the ability to offer solutions to customers. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a positive and mature manner.
The Customer Care representative will provide support to consumers, online channel partners, and brick-and-mortar retailers. You will work towards corrective actions to keep a strong relationship with our online consumers. You will work with team members to work towards having superior products for our consumers. You will assist with order entry for our brick-and-mortar retailers to ensure products can be produced in time to meet the retailer’s timelines. You will also be responsible for inspecting, receiving, documenting, and refunding return orders. In this role, candidates will perform 50% customer care and 50% in a return’s associate capacity. This is an onsite position with the exception of the weekend rotation.
Essential/Specific Duties and Tasks:
Customer Service – 50%
- Assisting with, and monitoring daily activities of customer care operation including but not limited to:
- Responding to all eCommerce and customer messages and channel partner tickets in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Processing returns, replacements, adjustments, and warranties.
- Order entry for retail partners and manual order entry of online customer orders, as needed
- Timely communication of backorders and order cancellations for all retailers.
- Quickly become familiar with products and common issues
- Work to fix not only the immediate issue but also dig for underlying problems and proactively document and hand them off for resolution.
- Repeated or severe product quality issues and complaints need to be reviewed by the quality team.
- Coordinating the resolution of damaged/defective shipments, replacement parts, and lost shipments to resolve consumer issues.
Warehouse Returns – 50%
- Inspect cartons for damage.
- Process returns in the order management system and eCommerce channels.
- Sort returned products according to appropriate disposition requirements.
- Process claims with eCommerce channels for items that are not ours
- Adhere to company standards and policies to meet company objectives.
- Follow all safety procedures required when performing job functions.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Perform good housekeeping practices.
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in an e-Commerce or emailed-based setting is a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs products, including Windows, Excel, Word, Chrome, Email, web navigation, chat, and customer/order management systems
- Excellent collaborator – working with internal & external partners to solve problems and gain consensus.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Working constructively under pressure, responding resourcefully to change, and maintaining a confident and constructive outlook despite challenges, or ambiguity. Stays focused and maintained quality when handling multiple tasks at the same time, knowing when to consult others with critical viewpoints or experience to help make key decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills with customers and team members; friendly and pleasant demeanor over email and phone.
- Organized and detailed oriented. Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient - Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Must be dedicated, on time, and have a great ability to multi-task as well as handle a large volume of customer interactions.
- Must be able to communicate, read, and write in English.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasional overtime during the week
- Mixed office and warehouse environment
- Shared workspace
- Remote weekend rotation – estimate 2 to 4 hours, 1 weekend a month for 9 out of 12 months
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.